April 23, 2020 | new | No Comments
I haven’t posted in a while, because, well, let’s face it. I’ve been a bit depressed. I want this to be a place to find humor, not a downer. So I’ll *try* to get back to that place. A few stories from the last couple of weeks…
The oldest little and I have been writing quarantine parodies. It’s actually been a lot of fun! So far, we’ve re-written:
– We are the Champions by Queen
– Freefalling by Tom Petty
– Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum
– Yesterday by The Beatles
– Clint Eastwood by The Gorillaz
The littlest little interrupts my workdays with a variety of things:
– “Mom, can I have ice cream for breakfast?” No. Absolutely not. (Even though I really did consider it just to shut her up)
– (In tears) “I spilled my milk on my picture.” Ok. What’s new? This is a daily occurrence…
– (Also in tears) “I don’t want to clean my room.” Again, what’s new? But I don’t want to see it like that anymore, so….
– “Mom. I just had a really, really, really, really big poop.” Ummmm, okay…
Hubby has been awesome. He’s really making an effort to help more, and I’m finally starting to feel like I can breathe again.
But… In case anyone is wondering, sanity cannot be found at the bottom of this particular bottle of vodka. Time to check the whiskey.